VoiceThread is a web application where individuals can interact on a topic with a microphone, webcam, text, phone, and audio-file upload. Discussion topics can be created with documents, presentations, images, audio files, and videos. Over 50 different types of media can be used in a VoiceThread.
In order to use VoiceThread, you must access it through a web browser or with a mobile device such as an Android phone or iPad, iPhone, or iPod.
VoiceThread can be found at http://www.VoiceThread.com/
Learning resources information
Here is a video that provides a great example of what VoiceThread is and how it works.
Guides and Beginner Instructions
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand VoiceThread and its capabilities.
Here are a number of great ideas for using VoiceThread in an education environment.
- Using Voicethread to Communicate, Connect and Collaborate
- 24 Interesting Ways to use VoiceThread in the Classroom
- 25 Interesting Ways to use Voicethread in the Classroom
- Using VoiceThread to Promote Learning Engagement and Success for All Students
- 100 Ways to Use VoiceThread in Education
Here are great examples of VoiceThread in action.
- Class Introductions with VoiceThread
- Narrate Your Syllabus with VoiceThread
- Mini-Lectures with VoiceThread
- ASLA G5a Unit 1 Lesson 1b
- Why use VoiceThread in your online class?
Here are great how-tos using VoiceThread.
- Posting a Voicethread in Blackboard
- Dear TLT: How do I Capture a Long Distance Recording of a Guest Speaker?
Here is a collection of videos that will help you understand and use VoiceThread.