Google Drawing is a digital program with which you can create, share, and edit drawings, charts, diagrams, and images. It is primarily Internet-based. Google Drawing is saved in the cloud, specifically, in Google Drive, and can be accessed from a tablet or computer with or without an Internet connection. Google Drawing can be extended with third-party add-ons.
One of the most powerful features of Google Drawing and other Google applications is that multiple people can work on the same drawing at the same time. This is a huge plus for education. It is possible to share documents with anyone for viewing or editing.
You can add text, shapes, arrows, scribbles, and images to enhance a diagram or painting. You can layout content with alignment guides, snap to grid, and auto distribution.
Once you have completed a drawing, you can easily add it to your other Google documents. It is possible to begin a document by using a template. All edits are automatically saved. Revisions are saved and it is possible to see who made a specific edit.
Google Drawing will operate on both a Mac or PC, as well as mobile devices.
The only equipment needed is a computer, smartphone, or iPad with a Web browser.
Access to Google Drawing is accomplished through a Web-browser. These are the most common browsers:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
Google Drawing is accessed by going to https://docs.google.com/drawings/
Learning resources information
Guides and Beginner Instructions
Here are a number of great guides to help you better understand Google Drawing and its capabilities.
- Google Drawings Help – Create, edit, and format
- Google Drawings Help – Tools
- Google Drawings Help – Add items to a drawing
Google Drawing Add-ons
Here are a number of recommended add-ons for extending Google Drawing.
Here are a number of great ideas for using Google Drawing in an education environment.
- 10 Ways to Use Google Drawings in the Classroom
- Google Drawings CHEAT SHEET for Teachers and Students!
- Using Google Draw to Create Manipulatives and Tasks
- Ten Reasons Google Drawings Should Be on Your Classroom Radar
Google Drawings Ideas
Here are different ideas for using Google Drawings.
- Creating Mind Maps in Google Draw
- 9 Steps to Create A Classroom Poster Using Google Docs
- Google Drawings interactive posters (no glue sticks necessary!)
- 8 Creative Uses of Google Drawings You Shouldn’t Ignore
- Doodle Yourself with Google Drawing
Tips and Shortcuts
Here collections of tips and shortcuts for using Google Drawing better.
- Incredible Art Made Entirely In Google Drawings
- Google Slides: Insert a Google Drawing
- Google Drawings Templates
- Step-By-Step Google Drawings Vector Portraits Lesson
Here is a collection of videos that will help you understand and use Google Drawings.