Google Applications for Education are a powerful set of tools that can increase student collaboration and classroom engagement. During this quest, you will explore Google Drive, Documents, Slides, and Sheets along with Gmail and Google Calendar. This is a month-long quest.
To complete the quest, you simply need to complete the LinkedIn Learning course “Google Apps 2016 for Education Essential Training“. Once you are done, please let me know by completing this form. Successful completion will result in gained knowledge and a digital badge.
Here is a description of the course from LinkedIn Learning:
Google Apps for Education is designed to help teachers and students collaborate digitally. Creating, editing, and sharing files in real time helps you connect anywhere, anytime—whether you’re running a flipped classroom or all online. While you may already be familiar with products like Gmail, getting the most of the features from all the Google Apps will help you create more engaging learning experiences. In this course, Kat Anderson covers the core apps (Gmail, Drive, and Calendar) as well as Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, to create virtual class spaces that allow students instant access to course work, digital places to upload assignments, and tools for grading content. Learn how to create student folders, provide individualized feedback, build quizzes and presentations, book time on your calendar for check-ins and group events, and more.
- Sending large attachments with Gmail
- Filtering email in Gmail
- Uploading and downloading files in Google Drive
- Creating student assignment folders
- Adjusting Google Docs sharing and security options
- Providing feedback in Docs
- Voice typing and translating content
- Collaborating with Google Sheets
- Presenting with Google Slides
- Creating and sharing Google Forms
- Building a self-grading quiz in Google Forms
- Creating events and appointments in Google Calendar
You can begin your journey by going to MyJCC and selecting the LinkedIn Learning link on the page. You will use your JCC username and password to log in. Once you are logged in, search for “Google Apps 2016 for Education Essential Training“.
If you wish to further explore ideas shared in this course, please contact the TEI team.
- #SUNYCIT: Yikes! No More Ignoring Google!
- How to Reduce Frustration When Sharing a Google Document
- Quest #2: Time to Get Googley